Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Look Back - Seattle Marathon


November 28, 2009

The Seattle Marathon was an after thought. This event was added to make the challenge a little tougher, raise some additional funds and also to join the Lazarex team that was at this event.

The event ended up being a little tougher then I had hoped for. I will always remember this marathon as the event that taught me that the mind is greater then the body. A twisted ankle at the 1 foot line and 26.2 miles later crossed the finish line.

Thank you to the support group of: Mallory, Betsy, Rachael and the members of the Lazarex team.


"My uncle was recently diagnosed with cancer and watching how it has affected him and our family makes me want to help Shawn, Rachael and Lazarex to not only helping people with cancer but also for finding a cure." (Ashley)

"We think it is great that you are taking part in these marathons for such a worthy cause. Jerry and Pat Herrick."

No comments:

Post a Comment