Sunday, September 12, 2010

A long day

Well I have to be up very early tomorrow morning, so this will probably be my last post of the day. I have really enjoyed following Shawn along on this Iron Man event today. He has put a LOT of work and dedication into training for this event, and I can say that I am proud to call him my friend. It's inspiring to me to see someone attempt something like the 140.6. Shawn and I spent a lot of time out on Rainbow Reservoir in Windsor this past spring and summer. I remember the first Sunday morning back in May when we went out. The water was pretty cold, and it came as a bit of a shock to the system I think. But the weather warmed up soon enough, and before you knew it we were out there swimming/kayaking among the fishermen and the water skiers!

So it's been a long road. And don't forget that this is not Shawn's full time job. He still puts in his 8+ hours a day behind a desk, and then has been out training for this Iron Man in the evenings and on weekends. It's been a grind, but it really is something to be proud of.

Great job Shawn!

Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment