Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Look Back - The Hartford Marathon

"Shawn: Whenever my wife says that I do crazy things, I can just show her that there are others who are crazier. Good Luck. - Wayne"


October 10, 2009

The Hartford Marathon was the second event of this challenge. Although I have lived in Connecticut for approx 7 years I had never ran the Hartford marathon. The course is very flat and my time proved it. The support was amazing as the gang showed up in full force. During the race they sold raffle tickets to help raise money for Lazarex Cancer Foundation. We also took phone calls during the run and in total raised approx $500 from this race.

Great event, great race and will definitely do it again.
This Race was dedicated in memory to my Grandfather - Elmer Hammerschmidt

Thank you to the support group of: Rachael, Frank, Matt, Amy, Gary and Nazia. This is the only race I have ever done where I was greeted at the finish line with the popping of a bottle of
champagne.

No comments:

Post a Comment