Monday, July 5, 2010

The Swim

One of the most common questions I have been receiving this year is how do you train for a 2.4 mile swim. Well to be honest I really was not sure. In February I started by doing laps, lots of laps, and more laps in the pool until I finally started to just get really tired of the pool.

So a couple of months ago I came up with a new game called Chase the Kayak.

OK so it is really not as fun as it sounds. With the help of Gary and Kay we take the Kayak(s) down to the local reservoir. The Kayaks take off and I in my wet suit try to keep up. The Kayak adds a little safety to the swim. It makes sure the boats can see me plus I have support next to me in case I do get in trouble. So far I have not won this game yet. They always seem to go faster then me for some reason. Thank You Kay and Gary for the support after September I promise to actually get in the Kayak and paddle next to you. I the meantime I will be the thing behind you chasing you!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment