Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Playing In The Rain!!


I remember when I was a little kid from time to time it would rain all day or for days. During this time some yards in the neighborhood would flood creating a little pond for us to slip and slide around in. We use to play in the rain for hours in these flooded yards. I guess somethings do not change.
This past Sunday it rained all day. I waited and waited for the rain to stop. Then around 3:00 I finally gave up put on my running shoes and out into the rain I went. I have to admit the first hour or so was not fun as my shoes went from a little damp, to a little wet, to soaking wet. The second hour was miserable as my water soaked feet weighed what seemed like 5lbs a piece.
Then something happened in the third hour. As it rained even harder and the puddles along the side of the road got even deeper. I went from trying to run around them to running right into them. I actually started to look forward to the next puddle. The cool water flooding into my sneakers as I splashed through them just like when I was a little kid. The 17.5 mile run that day is a run I will not soon forget. Have you remembered what being a child was like lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment